Yes, yes you can! It’s not “done” yet (is anything ever really done?) but you can now ‘search’ the content, titles, and tags of this blog! For now just visit the new /search page and enter the term(s) you would like to look for.
This is a subject that’s grabbed my attention recently here at Grinnell College. Specifically, I wanted a way to run my own SSL vulnerability scans of servers inside the campus firewall, something that outside agents could not do effectively. About a month ago I came upon a tool for this task, testssl.
This post is as much about adding an image to a “live” Markdown document (this blog post), as it is about my docker-bootstrap workflow. The workflow is perhaps best described and summarized in a diagram I recently created, and exported to a PDF.
So I have my Atom config stored in a Github repo so that I can easily keep Atom in-sync between the various platforms I use here and at home. Today I added the atom-shell-commands package to my Atom config and have configured it with a “command” that takes care of updating my blog when I add a new post (like this one).
I realized today that I previously documented how to “begin” a blog like this using Docksal to assist, but I failed to remind myself how to make structural/programming changes to it now that it is well-established. Since I’d like to add BleveSearch to this blog, and similar sites, I need to make some “structural” changes, and I want to do so locally before pushing them to production.
I recently made changes to this blog that made the old theme “un-responsive”, it no longer reformatted nicely for small, mobile devices. So I’ve switched the theme to use hugo-theme-m10c, and I think it’s a welcome improvement. In addition, I found this repo which provides an awesome wrapper in the form of a very elegant Hugo theme component around some work that I mentioned in an earlier post, namely this awesome gist.
Recently I made several significant updates to this blog, including changes to my Atom configuration, and the introduction of a new theme, plus a “theme component” to help manage search. Both of these updates are perhaps best described in this portion of the README.
The workflow I use to create, publish, and update this blog is discussed in three of my earlier posts, namely docker-bootstrap Workflow, Building This Blog, and Developing This Blog. This workflow works nicely in the case of this blog, but my daughter and I created another site, Visualizing Abolition and Freedom, frequently referred to as simply VAF, where the same workflow doesn’t quite work.
True to form, just after posting my lengthy description of VAF cert problems I figured out what was wrong and how to fix it. Naturally, just after. So, the root of my VAF woes stemmed from the fact that Let’s Encrypt, upon my request, had previously issued an untrusted cert for https://vaf.
The last couple days I attended Drupal Flyover Camp 2019 at UMKC in Kansas City, MO. I picked up on a few tricks and tools that I thought I’d mention here, just so I don’t forget some of the details.