The transition to distance learning and social distancing that’s taken place at Grinnell College in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic may afford GC Libraries an opportunity to do some overdue and necessary metadata cleaning in Digital.Grinnell. I believe that library staff who cannot take their usual work home will be asked to assist, and I am personally grateful that our leadership sees fit to do this, and am looking forward to supporting and working with my outstanding colleagues who will tackle this task.
Digital.Grinnell employs a custom-built Drupal “view” we call the dg7 Collection View; it’s part of the code in our custom dg7 module where all of Digital.Grinnell‘s hook implementations are also defined. Experience leads me to beleive that keeping a complex Drupal view in code is prudent, but overriding that code with a database copy of the view helps tremendously in terms of system performance.
Welcome to my new blog theme/style with new features. All of the content, aka ‘posts’, from my old blog have been moved here, but there are still lots of remnants of the new theme, Zzo, lurking here. Please be patient with this new format while I work to fully implement all the features that this setup provides.
ISLE v1.3.0 has been running on my staging server, DGDockerX, for months now and it seems to be performing as-expected with one exception… when I try to import a batch of objects using IMI, the Islandora Multi-Importer, I get the following error:
I love git and GitHub, and I can certainly appreciate the usefullness of .gitignore, but there are times when I’d really like to move an ENTIRE project to a new home. I have in my head a process that might play out like this…
I just found a handy git/GitHub workflow in a Quora post titled “How do I create a new GitHub repository from a branch in an existing repository?". And I used it, successfully, to create a new GitHub repo for my updated Drupal 8 rendition of the Wieting Theatre’s website.
I have ITS tickets, for seemingly simple DNS changes, that are now more than a month old, and because of that I’ve taken steps to try and do some ISLE staging work on one of my DigitalOcean droplets, namely summitt-services-droplet-01. In order to accommodate that I’ve moved nearly all of the sites and services from that droplet to my other, summitt-dweller-DO-docker.
These days I like to do all my terminal/command-line work in zsh, more specifically, with Oh My ZSH! and the bira theme. This previous post described the process I used on each of my Linux servers, and this post is similar, but written specifically for my Catalina (Macintosh OS X v10.
ISLE v1.3.0 has been running on my staging server, DGDockerX, for about 6 weeks now and it seems to be performing as-expected with one exception… when I try to import a batch of objects using IMI, the Islandora Multi-Importer, I get the following error:
Just making a note here that Hugo, as of version 0.60.0, is now using the Goldmark markdown rendering library, and that library is CommonMark compliant. The official word, from this document states that: Goldmark is from Hugo 0.60 the default library used for Markdown.